OBL (Osama Bin Laden) shooting was a strange operation on all accounts and while its counted as successful in achieving its target of killing OBL, it is also hugely successful in putting negative light on Pakistan’s military capabilities.
Why people can’t see simple and straight facts:
- OBL operation was conducted using Stealth Helicopters which are not detectable by radars. What can ANY country (yes, its ‘any’ means all 180+ countries of the world) can do if its attacked in such a way and in this case this operation was against an enemy who was condemned even by the country he was staying in because of countless deaths he and his accomplice individuals and organizations planned and executed.
- A question is being raised that if the same happens against our strategic/nuclear assets tomorrow, what we’ll do? Frankly, it can happen to everyone and anyone in present condition. American military capability is not developed overnight, its result of decades of painstaking efforts and humongous defence spending all of which was invested on premise of keeping America safe. Today, this capability is not matched by any country and should definitely be a concern for those who do not like America (or vice versa).
- We and other Islamic nations have not worked hard on technological fronts to develop warfare technologies and have always harped ‘peace’ while forgetting the clear Quranic injunction of keeping our horses prepared against enemies. How can we blame our forces for not being capable enough once the country lacks seriously in industrial and technological capabilities?
- Once it comes to capabilities with existing technology, our forces have proven themselves to be amazingly successful on more than one ocassion.
- One example is that of Swat operation (making it a peaceful area once again in less than 2 years of operations). Compare it to any single district of Afghanistan where Americans & International forces were able to restore law and order to the degree our forces did in Swat?
- Also, see what America did to its own people in case of 9/11. Just to find an excuse to wage a war on oil-rich markets, it launched attacks on its own civilian population and made it look like something done by Al Qaeda terrorists. And for those who find this statement to be a mere conspiracy theorist’s words, fine. Lets see it this way, America, with all its prowess in Military ops, Warfare and Intel failed to know that 19 (not 2-3, 19) Arabs were making up plans to blow up these targets. The verb used is ‘failed’!!!
- With our limited resources, look at the capabilities we have developed indigenously which so many countries always wanted to label as exported from North Korea etc. This makes us not only a nuclear power but also a power with finest capability to launch a nuclear strike through multiple platforms.
Let’s stop Blaming Pakistan, its Defence Forces and intelligence. We, Pakistanis, are proud of our country and definitely our people including our armed forces.